The initial water supply for RAF Davidstow Moor was brought in by bowser from the Camelford supply. In January 1943 water was supplied from a dedicated site just below Davidstow Church and close to the Holy Well. The pump house was fed by a spring. Water was pumped to two Braithwaite towers which were 60ft above the ground. The first tower was on the site of the present day Dairycrest factory on the northern side of the aerodrome and the second was installed later at Hendrawalls on the western side to supply the communal sites there. Braithwaite towers are used to provide a head of water under pressure and because airfields are so flat.
Every building that required a supply of water also had it's own tank supplied from the Braithwaite tower.
Constructed of cement rendered concrete block with external piers at ten ft centres. A pitched roof of corrugated asbestos cement sheeting with standard steel roof trusses.
The building is still extant and in use. It is maintained by Dairycrest.